If I surveyed everyone I knew or could talk to and asked them if they had an Apple product they would give me one of two answers.
"Yes"
"No, but I want one"
If I simply said the word, "Apple" and asked for their first thought, many would respond iPad, iPod, iMac, iPhone, iAnything. If I held a technology devise with nothing on it anyone could easily tell me if Apple was behind it or not. Apple's brand continuity is seamless. Their branding is so solid that many people who know nothing about technology can describe Apple's brand.
What Apple has created, is an image through speaking about what it can do and carrying out those tasks. Perhaps that is why recently they have received so much negative press about their maps app. Apple never messes up with cutting edge technology, and it did.
Imagine if you could become an "Apple". Everything you did and touched and spoke about would have your name all over it without having your name all over it. This can be achieved but the good ol' phrase, "do what you say and say what you do". If you want to be known as a philanthropist, engage in philanthropy consistently. If you want to be known as a caring leader, then always care about the people who work for you. If you want to be known as a responsible business person, then be one and post it all over the Internet. Socially Rebranding isn't just managing an online reputation, its creating your legacy as not an ordinary, but an extraoridinary.
Become an Apple.
No comments:
Post a Comment